Hashtags are basically search terms that categorize content and make it more discoverable. When used correctly, these can help your business attract new followers, get more likes, and increase engagement. Here are some tips on how to use them correctly:
1. Create list(s) of hashtags for your business. I save all of my lists in the Notes app for easy access and by doing so, I save time posting and avoid last-minute typos. Avoid creating lists with very similar hashtags like: #weddingphotos #weddingphotographer #weddingphotography #weddingphotographers
2. Because Instagram has a limit of 30 hashtags per post, make sure you use relevant hashtags and use them wisely (see the sample above)! I recommend posting between 5-20 different hashtags. Here's a good example:
3. When drafting your list(s), include a mix of a couple of generic hashtags (i.e. #yogapose) + location or product/service specific hashtags like: #yogatulum as well as other industry related hashtags like: #mindfulmovement.
4. Don't use the same list for all posts, Instagram is not ok with this practice. I use my lists as a base and delete or add hashtags accordingly.
6. Hide your hashtags in comments. It gives your content a clean (read less spammy) look. How? By using 5 dots before our list (see image above).
8. Study and track hashtags performance. On each post, click on the View Insights option and swipe up to view more info.
Found this helpful?? Share and comment below.